We all know Coco Chanel for her timeless fashion sense and can’t but admit that she was a woman ahead of her time. Why is Coco Chanel so inspirational? Everything is quite simple. Chanel was born in 1883 in Saumur, France. She wasn’t born into a wealthy family, but that didn’t stop her from becoming one of the most successful women in history. Chanel is best known for her fashion empire, but she was also an incredibly inspiring woman. Her quotes are as relevant today as they were when she first said them. So if you’re looking for some inspiration, look no further than these 25 famous quotes.
Style Quotes by Coco Chanel
- “Luxury must be comfortable. Otherwise, it is not luxury!”
- “A woman with good shoes is never ugly.”
- “Elegance does not consist in putting on a new dress.”
- “A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.”
- “A woman can be overdressed but never over elegant.”
- “Dress like you are going to meet your worst enemy today.”
- “Fashion changes, but style endures.”
- “Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.”
- “You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.”
- “The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.”
- “Elegance is when the inside is as beautiful as the outside.”
Coco Chanel Fashion Quotes
- “Fashion has two purposes: comfort and love. Beauty comes when fashion succeeds.”
- “I don’t do fashion. I am fashion.”
- “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”
- “Fashion is made to become unfashionable.”
- “Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions.”
Inspirational Coco Chanel Quotes About Life
- “A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.”
- “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.”
- “I don’t care what you think of me. I don’t think of you at all.”
- “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.”
- “To achieve great things, you must first dream.”
- “Since everything is in our heads, we had better not lose them.”
- “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.”
- “As long as you know men are like children, you know everything!”
What did Coco Chanel say about black?
She once famously said, “Women think of all colors except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all. White too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony.” This quote reflects Coco Chanel’s admiration for the timeless elegance and sophistication associated with both black and white in fashion and style.
What was Coco Chanel’s philosophy?
Coco Chanel’s philosophy was all about creating classic, timeless fashions that were both elegant and practical. Her designs were often inspired by menswear, with a focus on comfort and simplicity. She also believed in the power of accessories to make an outfit stand out, advocating for beautiful jewelry pieces and bold handbags. Above all, she wanted to make fashion accessible to all women and make them feel powerful and confident in their clothing.
What were Coco Chanel’s last words?
Coco Chanel’s last words are reported to be, “You see? Nothing lasts…”. This is reflective of her philosophy that fashion trends come and go but the classics always remain timeless. Her quote encapsulates the idea that style never fades and the beauty of fashion lies in its ability to continually adapt to changing times. In this way, she has left an indelible mark on the world of fashion.